picoBSD build failures.

bifferos bifferos at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 16:25:02 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to build PicoBSD, however it failed when using the first
three FreeBSD ISO images I tried.  So far I've tried: 4.11, 8.0 and 6.3
and I get different errors with each.  In each cases I've chosen
to install all sources and not installed the ports collection.

I am following the instructions here:  http://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~brucem/pico_notes.htm

I need to know whether I have to resign myself to hacking the picoBSD
generation scripts (which won't be fun because I'm no FreeBSD expert),
or whether there is some combination of FreeBSD ISO + step-by-step
instructions known to work for this.   Once I see how the mechanics
work with one release and what is supposed to happen, which files appear
where, I'm sure I can then re-apply that to any other release I want
to use, but I'm having trouble getting started.

thanks for any advice.
Biff.