First cut at hwpmc support on MIPS

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Feb 18 05:09:22 UTC 2010

In message: <42B59FCC-7A59-4383-BE4E-366B80B504BF at neville-neil.com>
            George Neville-Neil <gnn at neville-neil.com> writes:
: Hi,
:
: I've got this running on my RouterStation Pro, which is a MIPS 24K (32bit) CPU.
: Please review and let me know if you have comments.  I'd like to commit this
: in a week or so.
:
: Best,
: George
:
: http://people.freebsd.org/~gnn/mipshwpmc_1.diff

These counters are for the MIPS 24K.  Other counters exist on other
MIPS processors, so I'd think that you'd want to have at least the
name be something less generic.  I hate to complain about the name,
but I know that the Octeon counters are on the roadmap for some work
that is likely going to happen.  Plus I think Randal was making noises
that he or one of the RMI guys was going to do something similar for
the XLR CPU.

Warner