Preliminary Arduino port for testing

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Feb 11 01:33:04 UTC 2010

Thanks to Steven Kreuzer's help, this is a first pass at an Arduino port
for FreeBSD.

To test, first read the important note about avr-libc below.  Then:

mkdir /usr/ports/devel/arduino
cd /usr/ports/devel/arduino
fetch http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/ardu/arduport.tgz
tar xvzf arduport.tgz
...examine the files for quality and safety...
make install clean

Dependencies include Java 1.6, avr-gcc, and avr-libc, so it may take a
while.

----

Important note: At present, devel/avr-libc is broken due to an upstream
error that affects building the documents.  If you comment out BROKEN=
in the Makefile and build with -DNOPORTDOCS, it should build.  Or...

I have a patch that fixes the doc build and also makes it a config
option.  You can turn off that option to avoid building the docs and all
of the doc tool dependencies.  Of course, then you don't get the docs.

To use the avr-libc patch:

fetch http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/ardu/patch-avr-libc
cd /usr/ports
patch < patch-avr-libc
cd /usr/ports/devel/avr-libc
...examine the files for quality and safety...
make config
make install clean

As usual, all of this seems to work for me, but I may have missed
something horribly important.  No warranties or guarantees.  If symptoms
persist, see your doctor.