Problem booting nanoBSD 7.2-p4 on Alix

Sven Hazejager sven at hazejager.nl
Sat Nov 7 16:38:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 16:57, Sven Hazejager <sven at hazejager.nl> wrote:

> OK show
> LINES=24
> boot_serial=YES
> comconsole_speed=57600
> console=comconsole
> currdev=disk0s1a:
> interpret=OK
> kernelname=/boot/kernel/kernel
> loaddev=disk0s1a:
> prompt=${interpret}
> OK boot
> \ <-- STUCK!

I am now booting the EXACT same kernel in VMware (so actually have a
null-modem set up to another laptop to get into the loader), and get
this: boot0 and the loader display on the serial console.. but the
kernel starts on the VGA console (VMware)! Even though I have "-h" in
boot.config and console=comconsole, as depicted above!

Maybe this is happening on the ALIX too and it actually boots but
never displays anything. Does anyone know how that might be happening?

Marten: your image boots fine! Kernel boots up etc. Nice to see
FreeBSD 8.0 in action ;-)

Sven