FreeBSD kompakt

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Thu Oct 30 07:07:42 UTC 2008

Am 29.10.2008 um 23:31 schrieb M. Warner Losh:

> In message: <40D69C3A-16B9-4370-B9D5-FCD6FDF87EE4 at jump-ing.de>
>             Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de> writes:
> : Please let me know what you think about this and which parts I
> should
> : extract as a precise patch for inclusion in FreeBSD.
>
> I'd love to let you know what we think, but I didn't see it in the
> post.  Maybe it got eaten?

Yes, attachments obviously get stripped. Even if they're 12 kB only ;-)

> If so, can you put it up on the net somewhere.

Try <http://www.jump-ing.com/sonstiges/tinybsd-kompakt.tar.gz>

These build commands should work:

TINYDIR=/root/tinybsd
cd /root
tar -xvzf tinybsd-kompakt.tar.gz
mv tinybsd-kompakt tinybsd
${TINYDIR}/tinybsd sectors=45000 conf=really-minimum mfsroot=yes \
   image=/root/really-minimum.bin batch

For running it I use qemu (on Ubuntu, as FreeBSD runs inside a
virtual machine already):

qemu -cpu pentium -drive file=really-minimum.bin

Please let me know if you run into failures, as the above files are
ripped out of a more complete setup. /etc/passwd and friends get
copied over from the build machine, so passwords should be the same.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/