Problems with NSLU2 and U-Boot

Bruce M. Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Oct 11 13:29:47 UTC 2008

Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
> I just tried booting kernel.bin on the NSLU2, as a raw memory image,
> via tftp, and got exactly the same result.
> I repeated it with U-Boot. It appears as though it relocates the
> embedded ELF image to the correct address during load and execution,
> but I can't be sure because I don't have any OCD capability just now.

I grabbed the patches for the IXO dude's USB JTAG design here:
    http://www.ixo.de/info/usb_jtag/

FWIW they apply fine to the snapshot I rolled of OpenOCD, and it appears
to talk to the USB Blaster clone OK. Now whilst this appears to detect
the chain, I don't have TRST lines pulled out on the board -- I only
have VCC, GND, TMS, TCK, TDO and TDI pulled out with teflon coated wire
(the *really* thin stuff).

So I can't halt the xScale core and capture registers, etc. It seems
there is a TRSTn line but I'll have to warm up the iron another time...