tinybsd qemu small howto

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Nov 15 17:41:08 PST 2007

In message: <1195169880.3240.46.camel at workstation.martenvijn.nl>
            Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> writes:
: On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 21:06 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
: > -current dropped from the Cc: list.  This is most interesting for
: > freebsd-small users, than -current subscribers.
:
: included freebsd-embedded@
:
: >
: > On 2007-11-15 19:24, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
: > >On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 03:32 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
: > >>On 2007-11-11 23:13, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
: > >>> a comprehensive overview how i use tinybsd
: > >>> and maintain images
: > >>>
: > >>> http://martenvijn.nl/trac/wiki/TinyBSD
: > >>
: > >> Hi Marten,
: > >>
: > >> Can we lure you into writing this up as an 'article', which is
: > >> committable or almost committable to CVS?
: > >
: > > I could try and might use some help in this,
: >
: <snip>
:
: > What I had originally in mind was working with you towards what an
: > article would include, i.e.:
: >
: > 	- Introduction
: >
: > 		- What is TinyBSD
: > 		- Features of TinyBSD
: >
: > 	- How to obtain TinyBSD
: >
: > 	- Creating TinyBSD images
: >
: > 		- Building the base TinyBSD system
: >
: > 		- Post-build configuration of TinyBSD
: >
: > 		- Bundling ports & packages in TinyBSD images
:
: up till here there is quite clear documentation:
:
: http://www.tinybsd.org/tinybsd/Documentation
:
:
: >
: > 	- Testing TinyBSD images
: >
: > 	- Updating TinyBSD images
:
: I could write this, but more as proces to get a image ready for a task.
:
: >
: > This sort of article would probably need a bit or re-arranging of the
: > original Wiki text, but it seems like something very interesting for
: > potential users of TinyBSD.
:
: Or should there be somewhere an intergral document containing everthing.
: Then I would be wise include above documents authors.
:
: > Does the table-of-contents mock up shown above look ok?  Would you add
: > more sections/parts to it?
:
: There might be some more parts:
:
: Common ways on running host: does and don'ts
:
: Working with cf-cards (some info I remember from Paul-Henning Kamp from
: EuroBSD Basel 2005)
:
: I 've written today a part on PXE (for net4826) boards with onboard
: flash.
: http://martenvijn.nl/trac/wiki/PXEboot related to tinybsd.
:
: I have some scripts in pre-alpha than could be examples,
: in use in bluespot (a tool scanning bluetooth devices)
:
: http://bluespot.wifisoft.org
:
: In some time I hope to cleanup code far enough to push it to a public
: svn.

I should also try to get the 'cross build for arm with TinyBSD'
section written too, eh?

Warner