ports/149704: java/eclipse: plugins doesn't work in eclipse-3.5.2_1

aditya sarawgi sarawgi.aditya at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 19:10:09 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/149704; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: aditya sarawgi <sarawgi.aditya at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, mitchnull at gmail.com, zhoushuqun at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/149704: java/eclipse: plugins doesn't work in eclipse-3.5.2_1
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:11:39 +0530

 I am trying to get the scala plugin working but I am facing a similar
 issue. I can see the plugins are there but I can't start jdt weaving.
 When I try to start it, it says couldn't start aspectj. So clearly the
 plugin is not getting loaded. So what do you suggest I move all the
 plugins to /usr/local/lib/eclipse/dropins (btw I don't see the eclipse
 directory in my lib folder ) ? What is the logic behind this ?
 If this works it would be nice to patch eclipse so that all the
 plugins go in this directory.

 --
 Cheers,
 Aditya Sarawgi