Eclipse plugins ports?

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Sat Jan 24 22:31:32 PST 2009

Greg Lewis wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> I'm looking into a problem with one of the Eclipse plugin ports and I have
> to say that I wonder why we bother having plugin ports.  Eclipse has good
> built in plugin management tools, so the only reason I can see for having
> a port for one is if there is some code that needs changes (and the only
> one of those I see is eclipse-cdt).
>
> What are peoples thoughts on this?  Who feels they get a lot of value out
> of having FreeBSD ports for those plugins that we do have and why?

G'day indeed Greg,

Nice to hear from you.  If you recall or review a few of my prior posts
on the matter, you'll find I was wondering the same thing.

I myself don't see the point at this, uh, point, besides the minor
patches to CDT, everything else is somewhat redundant and only serves to
cause confusion.

Cheers,

Mike.

--
"You don't see FreeBSD developers sitting in a smoke-filled room
plotting the overthrow of Microsoft. We sit in light, airy rooms and