Eclipse 3.4.2 update

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky bofh at redwerk.com
Tue Apr 21 07:21:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 08:25:28PM +0300, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:21:33AM -0400, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:
> > Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:

> > > I did that but with no luck :(
> > >

> > Hi Eugeny,
> >
> > Could you try to revert your eclipse directory to a clean state (using csup or cvs depending on how you get your ports) and then
> > re-apply the patch with the following:
> >
> > 	(cd /usr/ports/java/eclipse; gpatch -p0 < /path/to/patchfile)
> >
> > If your eclipse ports tree is clean this should work without generating any error.
>
> And in fact that works fine. Very strange, I assumed the -d switch does its
> work... Anyway, sorry for disturbing you, hopefully the new port will build
> and install w/o problems :)
>
> Thank you for the help and patience!

I was able to build and install the Eclipse port on FreeBSD 7.1, however when
I tried to do the same on FreeBSD 6.4 - I've got such error:

Total time: 16 seconds
     [echo] Deleting jars to recompile...
     [echo] Compiling...
     [echo] UPDATE jarprocessor.jar
     [echo] UPDATE jarprocessorsrc.zip
     [exec] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found for package "org.eclipse.core.runtime"
     [exec] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found for package "org.eclipse.jface.text"
     [exec] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found for package "org.eclipse.jface.text.link"
     [exec] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found for package "org.eclipse.jface.text.source"
     [exec] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found for package "org.eclipse.jface.text.templates"
     [exec] javadoc: warning - Multiple sources of package comments found for package "org.eclipse.ui.texteditor"
     [exec] /usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/../org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT/win32/org/eclipse/swt/widgets/IME.java:351: warning - @return tag cannot be used in method with void return type.
     [echo] Extract .class file and properties for the batch compiler
     [echo] Extract .class file and properties for the ant adapter
     [echo] UPDATE ecj-global.jar
     [echo] UPDATE ecjsrc-global.zip
     [echo] UPDATE ecj-global.jar
     [echo] UPDATE ecjsrc-global.zip
     [echo] UPDATE ecj-global.jar
     [echo] UPDATE ecjsrc-global.zip
     [exec] ../eclipseMozilla.c: In function `fixEnvForMozilla':
     [exec] ../eclipseMozilla.c:166: warning: passing arg 3 of `scandir' from incompatible pointer type
     [exec] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lrt
     [exec] gmake: *** [libproxygnome.so] Ошибка 1

Can you please advice, what is the cause of this error and how to fix that?

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky