can't install Eclipse on FreeBSD 7.0 (Release 5)

Stephane E. Potvin sepotvin at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 22 19:03:42 UTC 2008

Ivan Drobyshevskyi wrote:
> I've installed diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07 from ports, after that:
>
> cd /usr/ports/java/eclipse; make

> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for eclipse-3.3.2
> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to
> assemble.org.eclipse.sdk.freebsd.gtk.amd64.xml.rej
> => Patch patch-assemble-freebsd-amd64.xml failed to apply cleanly.
> => Patch(es) patch-another-extra-patches patch-another-extra-patches2
> applied cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> However my laptop is i386 so I probably don't need this patch. Should I
> manually edit config files to skip it or there is something else?

Hi Ivan,

I can't say for sure as I don't use this version of Eclipse myself but
you could alternatively use the eclipse-devel port which will install
Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.1. This version is quite stable and is named devel
only because the plugins that are part of the port tree have not been
converted to work with it yet. But, plugins installed via Eclipse's own
package manager works pretty well.

Good luck,

Steph