eclipse-cdt debugging doesn't work on FreeBSD 7.0 amd64?

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Sun Nov 9 22:16:53 PST 2008

==== snip ====

> I'm using PF for a firewall and opened TCP connection for port 10000 and
> I even disabled PF, but it has same error.
>
> There is anybody who've had and solved this kind of problem of eclipse?
> I'll really appreciate your solution.
> Going back to the command line gdb is quite miserable.
> I really wanna use eclipse for C++ debugging.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Mungyung,

I seem to recall installing CDT from the update site in recent times;
although I've not used it extensively, nor for debugging... might I
suggest building a shiny new port from eclipse or eclipse-devel
(Ganymede) and seeing if installing via the update manager yields a
improved result?

My suggestion isn't really based on any kind of facts; simply an
alternate approach.

Best of luck,

Mike.

--
"You don't see FreeBSD developers sitting in a smoke-filled room
plotting the overthrow of Microsoft. We sit in light, airy rooms and