CDT: FreeBSD toolchain ?

Stephane E. Potvin sepotvin at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 7 05:54:44 PST 2008

Eric Tsala wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I installed eclipse-devel port on my computer last week. I did get the CDT
> plugin via the software updates section in Help. The only problem is that I
> cannot create (more, build and run) a managed c++ project (auto-generated
> Makefile) probably due to the fact that I dont have much of a choice under the
> Toolchain section, as you can see on the attached screenshots.
>
> Any advice/help on this matter will welcomed.
> Thanks in advance,

Hi Eric,

I'm working on adding FreeBSD support to the CDT plugin but it's not
ready yet. In the mean time, you can uncheck the "Show project types and
toolchains only if they are supported on the platform" checkbox and use
the Linux toolchain. If you do that, make sure that you change the make
command to 'gmake' in the 'C/C++ Build' pane of the project's properties.

Regards,

Steph