x86_64 vs amd64 arch name for Eclipse

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Mon Aug 25 23:05:10 UTC 2008

Stephane E. Potvin wrote:

> If people feels strongly against switching to x86_64 I'll track the PDE
> problem down but I think it would be best to spend efforts somewhere
> else and follow prior art (the other x86_64 ports) in this case.
>
> What's your opinion?

Hey Stephane,

I'd personally prefer to see FreeBSD's Eclipse port as close to the
Eclipse trunk as it can be... it would have a good deal of effort and
time on future ports and even (as you're demonstrating) in plugins etc.

Long story short, I'd like to see x86_64 adopted for the port and future
works.

Cheers,

Mike

--
"You don't see FreeBSD developers sitting in a smoke-filled room
plotting the overthrow of Microsoft. We sit in light, airy rooms and