Eclipse-Europa Web-browser

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Wed Sep 12 21:59:59 PDT 2007

Ken Yamada wrote:
>> Do you have steps to reproduce the chooser bug?  Does it occur in
>> build's against both 1.5 and 1.6 or are you running a 1.5 build against
>> a 1.6 JAVA_HOME?  (Or visa versa.)
>>

>   It occurs on both 1.5 and 1.6 version.
>
>    Preference -> Connectivity -> Driver Definitions -> Add
>      -> Provide Driver Details -> Add jar/Zip ====> CORE DUMP!!
>

>> It would be great if we could roll the 1.5 and 1.6 ports into one... it
>> shouldn't be too tricky.  I'd start looking at it now myself, but...
>>

>    jdk selection is not a problem, java5home etc., but I think that the patch file set selection by jdk15/jdk16 may become tricky.

Ken,

I don't think it would be clear to the user if we just built based on
the installed JDK's... in fact if they have multiple versions installed,
it would become a conundrum.  I'd suggest we add an OPTIONS= entry in
the Makefile to allow the selection of 1.5, which would then install the
relevant version (if needed) and set the port dependency accordingly.
I'm not really sure how the JAVA_HOME thing should be handled though, as
in my mind, there's nothing to stop a user flicking back and forth...
although I'm not really keen on setting it statically.  I'm sure someone
out there who's more in touch with the FreeBSD Java world would have a
suggestion.

I've installed the Data Tools plugin and can replicate the crash you
describe there... I'd like to check it again other platforms also, can't
right now.

Cheers,

Mike.