eclipse 3.3.0

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Fri Sep 7 14:29:23 PDT 2007

Greg Lewis wrote:
> G'day Mike,
>
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 11:11:54AM -0700, Mike Bowie wrote:
>
>> First up, thanks to Ken and Dan for getting this port started... nice
>> work chaps!
>>
>> I've been playing with Ken's eclipse-europa-dan port for the last couple
>> of days and haven't had a lot of joy so far... it might just be my
>> environments, but here are the notes from the two hosts I've tested with:
>>
>> - Ant seems to be unable 'exec' under jdk1.6.0... a separate issue, but
>> certainly the one I've burnt most of my time on!
>>

> Try updating to the latest jdk16 port.  It has fixes for problems with
> exec() which may provide some joy here.
>

>> - After installing diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_6 from ports, I'm getting ~ 70
>> errors in the build. This is where I'm at now, sifting through and
>> seeing what's failing where.
>>

> I've seen mentioned elsewhere that Eclipse 3.3.0 requires JDK 1.6.  If that
> is the case then you're not going to get anywhere with the Diablo JDK since
> its based on JDK 1.5.

Greg,

I'm cvsup'ing as we speak, will re-post the results.

As for Eclipse requiring 1.6, this is true... there are instructions in
the build for compiling on platforms without support for 1.6 though.
However, in my excitement, I did neglect to make the requisite changes.
(Genius!)

Will hopefully have some news on both these points shortly.

Sincerest thanks,

Mike.