Eclipse 3.3.1 build

Jonas Wolz jwolz1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:21:44 PDT 2007

Mike Bowie wrote:
> One of the 3.3.0 port version we had built and ran quite happily with
> jdk1.5, but we've not seen the same success with 3.3.1 so far.
>
> I may have a poke at it this weekend and see what we can wrangle.  For
> now the eclipse-devel port is tied to jdk1.6 and the upcoming 3.3.1
> version will most likely be also, but we'll see what we can do to get
> 1.5 support in there in the near future.

Thanks, I really appreciate your efforts. Without them I would probably need
to boot into Windows (or install Linux) to use Eclipse.

What actually puzzles me a bit is the fact that although according to the
official build instructions JDK 1.6 is required (and the build.xml uses 1.6
as target version) the builds from eclipse.org run happily with Java 1.5
(or even on Java 1.4 according to
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/moreinfo/jre.php ).
So obviously the guys at eclipse.org seem to use their own modified build
process...