Europa + Patches

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Wed Oct 17 20:03:44 PDT 2007

Daniel Rucci wrote:
> I seem to have a degradation in stability after applying updates &
> installing plugins, need to track down the culprit. Is everyone
> acquiring all of the updates after installing?
>
> Not sure yet which added patches or plugins are making my 6.2
> installation not work nicely but as for 7.0-CURRENT, after applying
> the 1 available patch on the install of the port I get
>
> sudo eclipse-europa
> Assertion failed: ((run->regs_mask[elm] & (1 << bit)) == 0), function
> arena_run_reg_dalloc, file /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c, line 1721.
> Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
>
> (im running as root to install plugins)
>
> Theres an accompanying eclipse error log file (
> http://rucci.org/ports/java/eclipse-europa/current/ ) although this
> seems to be
> plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.freebsd.x86_1.0.0.v20070606/eclipse_1017a.so
> doing something it shouldn't..
>
> This seems to only happen after applying the available patch..
>

> Thanks,
>    Dan

Hey Dan,

Sorry for not dropping you a line sooner... I kept trying to catch you
on IRC, but kept missing you it would seem.

Which updates are you apply and from which sites?  I'll give it a try
and see if I can replicate it.

I've got a handful of plugins which I'm running nightly builds of, which
are quite happy so far, so I'd be interested to see which ones are
upsetting your install.

Have you given Ken's 3.3.1 a try?  If so, are you seeing the same thing
there?

Cheers,

Mike.