eclipse and -devel update

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Thu Jun 28 19:41:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 02:43:31PM +0200, CZUCZY Gergely wrote:

> I'd like to ask whether the eclipse and eclipse-devel ports are going
> to updated to recent versions. That means 3.2.2 for eclipse, and 3.3RC4
> (Europe) for eclipse-devel.

Someone submitted a patch for 3.2.2 as eclipse.  I also currently have it
running.  I haven't had the time to verify the patch, nor has anyone
committed the patch.  I would start by bugging commiters.

> Newer plugins such as PDT (some PHP development thingie) work best with
> 3.3, but that's not in ports.

Yes I haven't had time to look into this but I was going to take a look at
3.3 and make a patch against eclipse-devel.  There are a number of plugins
which don't work in pre-3.3 such as the much-anticipated python integration
=)

-- Rick C. Petty