java/eclipse: error building WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Thu Sep 15 06:38:04 PDT 2005

Andreas Kohn wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:02 +0300, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
>
>>Andreas Kohn wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,

>>>I don't like this at all. WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla is a perfectly valid
>>>setting for other mozilla-using ports, and people probably have their
>>>preference in /etc/make.conf (I do).
>>
>>Never heard of that before. Can you mention the ports that have such a
>>complete logic that can handle all variations? I'd like to copy their logic.
>

> Every mozilla-using port uses a different logic for interpreting
> WITH_MOZILLA.

I've noticed :-)
But even this port does not mention in its pre-everything message
setting WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla, presumably because it is considered
redundant. Nevertheless, since there are long-time users out there who
do this, eclipse must accomodate.

> One example would be x11/yelp:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/x11/yelp/Makefile?rev=1.39&content-type=text/plain
> This Makefile has a default for mozilla, and can work with all other
> mozillas.
> The x11/yelp/Makefile from gnome 2.12 ports at
> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/x11/yelp/Makefile?rev=1.60&content-type=text/plain
> even has a default of firefox instead of mozilla.
>
> The only mozilla missing here would be firefox-devel, but that's quite
> easy to handle as well.

I see that this port does not have a case where one would want
WITHOUT_MOZILLA functionality. I think your patch may be enough for
eclipse. If you could verify it works for your case, I'd say send-pr it.

Regards,

Panagiotis