java/eclipse: error building WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Wed Sep 14 23:36:43 PDT 2005

barbara.xxx1975 wrote:
> port version:
> # $FreeBSD: ports/java/eclipse/Makefile,v 1.38 2005/09/14 14:46:36 nork Exp $
>
> I keep getting an error if I try to upgrade(from eclipse-3.1_1) or build eclipse with WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla.
> This doesn't happen if I use the WITH_MOZILLA=firefox.
>
> *UPDATE* (this happened while I was writing):
> When I tryed to build eclipse WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla these ports where not installed:
> nspr-4.6_1
> nss-3.10
> firefox-1.0.6_5,1
> I had them installed to try with WITH_MOZILLA=firefox.
> Now it builds also with WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla.
> As eclipse does not run-depends on them, could I safely pkg_delete them?
> Or should I keep them to avoid to install them again on the next eclipse upgrade?

You are not supposed to ever use WITH_MOZILLA=mozilla. If you don't
specify it at all, you get the mozilla dependency. If you want to
override it, you have to set WITH_MOZILLA=firefox (or mozilla-devel). If
you don't want any browser integration at all, you may set
WITHOUT_MOZILLA=true.

Cheers,

Panagiotis