ports/72014: Eclipse doesn't work (SigBus 10) if it has been built with GTK

Daniel Roethlisberger daniel at roe.ch
Thu Sep 1 23:40:19 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/72014; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel at roe.ch>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, nlsn at free.fr
Cc: Oleg Sharoiko <os at rsu.ru>, Panagiotis Astithas <past at ebs.gr>
Subject: Re: ports/72014: Eclipse doesn't work (SigBus 10) if it has been built with GTK
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 01:36:50 +0200

 I have just double checked on my pentium-m box, I can confirm that
 adding -mno-sse2 does solve the problem for me (at least as far as I can
 tell, as there is no definitive way to reproduce the problem).

 Compiling x11-toolkits/gtk20 with CPUTYPE?=pentium-m and CFLAGS=-O -pipe
 results in an unstable eclipse, while compiling gtk20 with the same
 CPUTYPE but CFLAGS=-O -pipe -mno-sse2 saves the day, giving me a stable
 eclipse.

 Can we add some kind of -mno-sse2 hack to the GTK port for the time
 being, or is there a better solution?

 --
 Daniel Roethlisberger