firmware drivers

Andrew Mitchell andy_mitchell_fr at icloud.com
Sun Apr 25 21:09:03 UTC 2021

Does anyone know if there is such a tool as fw_update found in OpenBSD that could work for installing/loading non-free drivers in FreeBSD, or if there is a method for building one?

I'm trying to get my wlan network and wireless device to run but no documentation is detailed enough for successful troubleshooting.

I've also applied two methods: using one .bin driver from Linux, and importing OpenBSD's fw_update into FreeBSD. Neither has been met with success so far.

I need some documentation other than the handbook, to know more about non-free drivers for FreeBSD.

Any clue would be welcome.