Macbook touchpad driver

Rohit Grover rgrover1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 13:52:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have merged the recent work done by Huang Wen Hui to support Wellspring
trackpads into the original 'atp' driver.

'atp' supports two distinct families of Apple trackpad products: the older
Fountain/Geyser and the latest Wellspring trackpads. The first version made
its appearance with FreeBSD8 and worked only with the Fountain/Geyser
hardware. A fork of this driver for Wellspring was contributed by Huang Wen
Hui. This new driver unifies the Wellspring effort and also improves upon
the
original work.

I have been testing it on a recent MacBookPro (Wellspring trackpad) and I
am satisfied with it. It includes all the features of the original driver
and should be able to support both families of hardware.

I would like to solicit help to test this driver widely; especially on
older Fountain/Geyser hardware. I would also like to initiate the review
process to commit this to FreeBSD.

https://github.com/rgrover/freebsd-atp

thanks,
rohit.