Anyone working on porting the Dell XPS 15z touchpad Linux driver?

Stefan Stefansson stefan.stefansson at live.com
Mon Oct 15 03:32:32 UTC 2012

I've got a Dell XPS15z and while I'd love to be running FreeBSD on it, I've basically been stuck using Windows.

After some recent looking around, I see that there is a Linux driver
that was released for the touchpad that enables some multi-finger
support (along with support for some backlight issues)

I don't suppose there's anyone here that is currently working on porting this driver over to FreeBSD?

With the recent announcement that nVidia is working on Optimus for Linux, and a driver for the touchpad, and having a working backlight,
I'm hopeful that one day I'll be able to use my laptop with FreeBSD.

Here's a link to the page that has the driver: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-hwe-team/+archive/sputnik-kernel