kern/94369: [bktr] [patch] Patch to support Leadtek WinFast Tv2000 XP bktr card

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 28 15:18:31 UTC 2012

On Monday, February 27, 2012 12:26:15 pm David Walker wrote:
> Hey.
>
> Originally posted here:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2012-
February/238818.html

> I'm new here. :]
>
> I have one of these cards.
> I notice the PR is open - does this mean the patch was not committed?

Yes.

> Is there anything I can do to get eyeballs on this?
> I've never compiled from source or applied a diff but if it needs
> testng and someone's willing to give me a basic outline of the
> procedure I'll see if I can avago.
> Learning this stuff is on my todo list for this decade but time is short.

You will need to use patch(1) to apply the patches from the PR to a kernel
source tree and then build a new kernel (or a new bktr module) to test it.  I
believe there are some instructions in the Handbook about compiling custom
kernels and possibly applying patches as well.

--
John Baldwin