[CODE RELEASE] EP80579 Driver

Philip Paeps philip at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 24 17:18:28 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-24 16:43:27 (+0000), Kennedy, Brendan <brendan.kennedy at intel.com> wrote:
> Attached is driver code which enables acceleration of cryptographic
> functions through the FreeBSD OpenCrypto framework. It has been developed
> for and tested with FreeBSD 7.1.

Excellent - thank you Brendan!  I'll read through this. :-)

> If possible, we would like this driver code included alongside the hifn
> crypto driver code (if any changes are required please mail me!), but we are
> mainly releasing to you because we developed the driver for use with FreeBSD
> 7.1

FreeBSD 7.3 is about to be released, and I'm not sure if any further 7.x
releases will be done, but I would be happy to commit it to stable/7 in
addition to head and (eventually) stable/8.

> For more information on the EP80579 chip and related software, please see
> (also released at http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/ep80579/index.htm)

This is good news - we like documentation.

Thanks!

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                       Add contents and stir
philip at freebsd.org