Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet Dell 610 and Dell

Eric ericd at free.fr
Thu Jun 18 18:34:06 UTC 2009

Thanks a lot it's the solution. ;=)

Here is procedure :

Make a bootable crdom with this image :
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/driver-sla.php?driver=NX2-diag
Boot with this cdrom
At boot prompt : click enter to continue
Then : select 1 Install to hardisk using Freedos Setup (d'ont worry it do
nothing until you make good choice to second next step)
Then : Press enter to select English
Then : VERY IMPORTANT : Run freedos from cdrom
Then disable the managment firmware on both cards :
>cd nx2
>uxdiag -c 1 -mfw 0
>uxdiag -c 2 -mfw 0

If you have Idrac, at first reboot you lost it but then reboot and do a
cancel servicices and at next reboot it will be back there.

Then Enjoy. ;=)

Eric.

N.B :
  - If you want in future enable back managment firmware do same thing but
at the end with : >uxdiag -c 1 -mfw 1
  - I try to disable managment in only one card but it doesn't work. Need to
disable it in 2 cards.
  - Thanks to DELL that made new server ( R710)  wich take near than 6
minutes to boot !!!! It take me near 4 hours to do those manipulation !!!!