FW: 8187SE driver

Jim Andersson freebsddog at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:23:36 PST 2009

From: freebsddog at hotmail.com
To: weongyo at freebsd.org
Subject: RE: 8187SE driver
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:22:15 +0100

> From: weongyo.jeong at gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:16:23 +0900
> To: freebsddog at hotmail.com
> CC: freebsd-drivers at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: 8187SE driver
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 04:16:43PM +0100, Jim Andersson wrote:
> >
> > > From: weongyo.jeong at gmail.com
> > > Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:04:26 +0900
> > > To: freebsddog at hotmail.com
> > > CC: freebsd-drivers at freebsd.org
> > > Subject: Re: 8187SE driver

> > > I think a thing you can try is that, NDISulator using ndis(4).  AFAIK
> > > there's no support for 8187SE driver until now.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Weongyo Jeong
> > >

> > I tried ndisulator but it didn´t work. I used the INF and the SYS file for Windows Xp. I even tried including a cat file.
> > Although one thing changed, the card is no longer listed when i type pciconf -lv. Dunno if that´s good or bad?
>
> It looks it's a bad news.  Could you please show me dmesg's ouput and
> steps you followed?
>
> regards,
> Weongyo Jeong

As far as I can see the only thing in dmesg regarding this card is:

pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
pci1: <network> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

What I did was this: I used my windows xp drivers for the card that I recieved with the computer. I used the .sys and the inf file. The driver loads good but no interface is shown. Is the someway to force the driver to attach to pci2 somehow?
Or is there some way to use a linux driver? Linux says its a realtek 8187SE.

// Jimmie

Krama någon i vinter! Hitta kärleken här! MSN Dejting