Physical address

Die Gestalt die.gestalt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:28:12 PDT 2007

What I did is start a VMWare running FreeBSD, boot and freeze at
logon, open the vmem file in a Hex editor and see that there is stuff
between 0x1000 - 0x4000. The memory is clear (as expected) after
0x4000 till the kernel (after the first megabyte).

I have no idea what it is and where it comes from, especially since I
think pages are cleared when mapped, right? That would mean that it
cannot be a residue from the boot sequence (unless I'm wrong).

Any idea?

--

Die Gestalt