Simple driver

Die Gestalt die.gestalt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:34:17 UTC 2007

That's because when you program a driver you really don't need to
check the input values. You can cast values and dereference them and
hope it will work, that's no problem. Oh no wait, that's exactly the
other way around.

Read this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/book.html

Work on the examples, spend some time and if you still have a problem
feel free to ask.

By the way I think you can do what you want without writing a driver.
Which brings me to some rules regarding driver development:

1 - You don't need to write a driver.
2 - If you really need to write a driver, see rule #1
3 - If you absolutely need to write a driver and the sake of humanity
depends on this very driver you are about to write then OMG A THREE
HEADED MONKEY!!!