Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Joel Dahl joel at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 7 17:08:47 UTC 2007

Mån 2007-01-08 klockan 00:05 +1030 skrev Benjamin Close:
> Hi Folks,
>     I did the port as my searching led me to believe that progress on a
> driver had stagnated.
> Port 1: was done by Damien himself
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-July/008768.html)
> Port 2: was an updated version by Daminen:
> http://osdir.com/ml/freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org/msg58154.html
>             which seems to be duplicated here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~flz/local/wpi/
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-net@freebsd.org/msg20710.html)
> With version 2 being minor bug fixes to version 1 to try and get it
> working. Since then the driver has come a long way in netbsd with the
> FreeBSD version just getting older.
>
> To others working on a wpi driver, please post something indicating what
> you've done and even a sample of what your up to so we can one build one
> driver that just works. I also did the driver port as everything I found
> failed to work on a 64bit kernel, most the time wouldn't even compile.

Gavin Atkinson (CC'ed) is AFAIK also working on wpi(4) for FreeBSD,
according to his announcement on net@:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2006-December/012808.html

--
Joel