Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Rink Springer rink at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 5 20:23:27 UTC 2007

Hi Benajmin,

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:15:11AM +1030, Benjamin Close wrote:
> Hi All,
>    After getting a new laptop I discovered being tied to a wire when
> your used to wireless is extremely annoying.
>
> Hence I've done a port of the NetBSD driver wpi (20070106 rev) for the
> Intel3945ABG wireless card to FreeBSD
> Many thanks to Damien for writing the NetBSD driver in the first place
> and the initial FreeBSD port which I referenced extensively.
>
> The driver is available at:
>
> http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download/20070106-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz
>
> (dynamic dns host, so just retry later if it's down):
>
> Please let me know if you have any issues and I'll try to address them.
> I'm not sure how well it will work on -stable, I'm running
>
> FreeBSD wolf.clearchain.com 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Dec
> 13 16:09:21 CST 2006
> benjsc at wolf.clearchain.com:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/GENERIC  amd64
>
> and don't have a -stable machine for testing.
> Those not using -current, be sure to remove
>
> #define WPI_CURRENT
>
> in if_wpi.c before compiling.
>
> This email was sent through the driver :)

This is FreeBSD 6-STABLE of 19 Dec; laptop is a Dell Latitude D820. The
driver loads OK. Mind you, I had to manually copy the wlan_amrr code
from CURRENT to get it to compile on this STABLE box (along with some
minor .h file merging).

However, it does not work correctly. dmesg(8) output can be found on
http://rink.nu/tmp/dmesg-wpi

Any advice would be very appreciated! Thanks for working on this!

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But yet a far more terrible thing,