TX2300 BIOS 2.5.0.3115 from BIOS 2.00.0.31

Wes L. Zuber wes at uia.net
Tue Jul 18 04:04:26 UTC 2006

Hi there,

Please tell me if this is not the correct place to discuss this issue.

Running FreeBSD 6.1 stable, latest cvsup from stable as of this morning.

The TX2300 until very recently has had BIOS v2.00.0.31. We have
deployed about 20 or 30 of these boards successfully.

Last week a new shipment of the TX2300 arrived with a different BIOS,
v 2.5.0.3115. The card probes just fine and FreeBSD assigns the
driver as far as I can tell from looking at pciconf -lv.

However, FreeBSD will not recognize the actual logical disc, ar0. It
does see both drives on the card individually, just not ar0. The card
looks the same as the old card but appears to only have a different
BIOS. Could not flash the BIOS on this new card to the old one (as we
suspected).

Could someone offer some tips? or perhaps I could donate the card to
someone willing to solve the issue.

Thanks,

--Wes