Cryptography Driver (Help !!!!)

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 26 08:46:49 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 11:19 pm, Yong Ma wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> Cry for help!!!!
> The cryptography card driver (polling mode, not interrupt mode) works well
> under linux-2.4, but not working under FreeBSD-5.4. The DMA buffer just
> keep intact under FreeBSD-5.4 after the Random value generation command
> has been issued.
>
> Every thing is compared, but it still not working.

First off, I don't really understand your question.  Secondly, your driver
might work better if you use the locking primitives we provide such as
mutexes and condition variables.  It looks like your home-grown lock might
suffer from a deadlock condition if the current thread is preempted in
m_sleep() for example and another thread tries to get the lock.