intel high definition audio support

Yong Ma mayong at mail.com
Sun Nov 20 18:02:36 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT" <mfatihakbulut at gmail.com>
To: freebsd-drivers at freebsd.org
Subject: intel high definition audio support
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:58:35 +0200

> hi all.
> now i am using freebsd 5.4 on my computer but i couldn't enable my sound :(
> didn't see much details about enabling high definition audio support for
> freebsd on the net :(
> therefore i am asking to you.
> although i installed all sound drivers, still i get no output when check
> which sound driver installed for my soundcard :(
> dont know if freebsd5.4 supports intel high definition audio or not ?
> is there anyone knows if freebsd6.0 supports my card or not ?
> the point is that if i upgraded my os will i be able to hear any sign of
> sound from my speakers or not ?
> and please help me on this subject ?
> thanks in advance.

First,make sure you konw your sound chips,then edit the /boot/defaults/loader.conf,find the section "Sound Moulds"
and make these changes:
   sound_load="YES"
   snd_ich_load="YES"   #Intel ICH   (or your own sound modules)

then reboot,if the sound modules loaded correcttly there will be a speaker ico on the corner of the desktop.
May this be help!