How to make my new driver be configurable in the kernel configuration file?

Yong Ma mayong at mail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:34:15 PST 2005

> Usually that's spelled '#include <dev/mydevice/mydevice.h>' since it
> is relative to one of the -I paths.  In practice, however, it rarely
> makes a difference.
>
> Warner

Yes,it works.I made it as a "standard".but I want to make it as a "optional" so I can config it  in the kernel configuration file(MYKERNEL) as "device mydevice" to decide whether it will be load when system boots.

It seemed not enough only add a line "dev/mydevice/mycevice.c      optional        device" in sys/conf/files.i386 .There will be a syntax error when config MYKERNEL. Something else needed?

Thanks a lot!
Yong Ma