[patch] PH tells crap about GMAKE (Was: Re: svn commit: r340018 - head/textproc/scew)

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 27 08:55:27 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 05:38:11PM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> I would like to be more specific in this part:
>
>   Quite often, a specific implementation is required, like GNU make, or
>   legacy FreeBSD make.
>
> I think that should say:
>
>   Quite often, a specific implementation is required, like GNU make
>   (gmake), or legacy FreeBSD make (fmake).
>
> Is that correct?

For FreeBSD, technically yes, it is correct; however, in GNU/Linux distros
GNU make is installed just as "make" (no `g' prefix).  That said, if you
want to be even more accurate, you could say:

   Quite often, a specific implementation is required, like GNU make
   (known in &os; as <command>gmake</command>), or legacy &os; make
   (<command>fmake</command>).

./danfe