Proposed change to Bootstrapping and Kernel Initialization in FreeBSD Architecture Handbook

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Jan 14 15:19:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Sergio Andrés Gómez del Real wrote:

> I started studying the FreeBSD boot system and found that the documentation
> is limited and, in some cases, not true; for example it doesn't address
> appropriately the boot1 stage, stating erroneously that it is limited for
> booting with a floppy.
> Anyway, I've been working on an up-to-date version, and would like to hear
> some feedback.
>
> I attach the diff file for
> doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/boot/chapter.xml.

Thank you for working on this.  From a doc perspective, it appears that
whitespace and content changes have been mixed, which makes the work
of translators more difficult.

The new XML source is largely unformatted, and should be wrapped at 70
columns.  Please see
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/book.html#writing-style-tag-style

Rather than "FreeBSD", use the &os; entity.

I did not look at the content much, but am willing if the first two
problems can be fixed.

Thanks!