What are the limits for FFS file systems? 10+ years out of date..

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Sun Nov 24 22:46:22 UTC 2013

Warren Block wrote this message on Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 07:21 -0700:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2013, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> >Attached is a patch that bring this up to date..  This was written back
> >when we were using UFS1 w/ 32bit block addresses...  Things have changes
> >now that UFS2 is standard...
> >
> >The big thing is listing the memory requirements for fsck as the main
> >limiting factor on FS size...
> >
> >I've had Kirk review the patch, and he's fine w/ it...
> >
> >Shall I just commit it?
>
> fsck should be either &man.fsck.8; or <command>fsck</command>, depending
> on context.
>
> There is a duplicated "the" in the first paragraph.  igor -Rz should be
> run on the patched file.

This is a single reply, thanks to the three of you for reviewing the
patch.. it's now committed in r43236..

Oh, I did change a such as to e.g., and in doing so, I noticed an e.g.
w/o the trailing period...  wondering if we should be consistent and
add it?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579