docs/178677: *** [article.html] Error code 1 Stop in /usr/doc.

Christian Bryant admin at canonicaldev.com
Thu May 16 02:40:02 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR docs/178677; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christian Bryant <admin at canonicaldev.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, admin at canonicaldev.com
Subject: Re: docs/178677: *** [article.html] Error code 1 Stop in /usr/doc.
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 19:29:38 -0700

 --------------070803020204010306080604

 Bug Follow Up Team,

 I found a workaround. If you do the following, the Bug disappears:

 # cd /usr/ports/misc/freebsd-doc-en
 # make install clean

 The I proceed to do install the package that had the Port that had the Bug:

 # cd /usr/doc
 # make install clean

 The install complete without error. This shows me there is defiantly a
 Bug in the /usr/doc port, probibly a dependency it is unable to resolve.

 This is on a new system that was just installed today, I had done:

 freebsd-update fetch
 freebsd-update install

 portsnap fetch
 portsnap extract
 portsnap update

 Prior to installing the /usr/doc and running into the Bug.

 --------------070803020204010306080604

   <head>

   </head>
     Bug Follow Up Team,<br>
     I found a workaround. If you do the following, the Bug disappears<samp><font
         face="sans-serif">:<br>
         # cd /usr/ports/misc/freebsd-doc-en<br>
         # make install clean<br>
         The I proceed to do install the package that had the Port that
         had the Bug:<br>
         # cd /usr/doc<br>
         # make install clean<br>
         The install complete without error. This shows me there is
         face="sans-serif"><font face="sans-serif">/usr/doc</font> port,
         probibly a dependency it is unable to resolve.<br>
         This is on a new system that was just installed today, I had
         done:<br>
         freebsd-update fetch<br>
         freebsd-update install<br>
         portsnap fetch <br>