RFC: Changing the documentation's font style.

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Fri Apr 12 17:18:41 UTC 2013

On 12 April 2013 13:06, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-lists at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Patrick Powell <papowell at astart.com> writes:
>
>> I tried an experiment.  At smaller font sizes the San Serif fonts were
>> easier to read.
>> Ummm...  and I am definitely an 'Old Timer'.
>
> Not only is this a bikeshed discussion, it's the equivalent of arguing
> what color of papier-mâché to build the bikeshed out of.
>
> The FreeBSD style sheet does not and should not specify anything about
> the display font. We should not override the reader's choice of font,
> any more than we should force a particular font size.

The CSS Cascading mechanics prohibit the FreeBSD style sheet from
entirely overriding the user's choice.
Please see 6.4.1 of the CSS 2.1 specification.

IMHO we should specify a font that
a) looks nice
b) is easy to read.
and support issyl0's changes

Users that have different preference may override the style sheet.

--
Eitan Adler