bsdinstall partition editor Handbook chapter

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:11:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> Hello.  I'm sending you this because your name is in comments in the
> Handbook's bsdinstall chapter as "hopefully will be rewriting" the
> Allocating Disk Space section.  That's in Glen Barber's repository at
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/freebsd9-documentation/source/list
>
> I'm hoping you haven't done that, because I got stupid and motivated (rarely
> a good combination) and slapped together a preliminary version of a
> replacement section.
>
> If you have already done work on it, I apologize, and maybe some of the
> stuff I've done can be reused.

    I've been swamped enough that I haven't had an opportunity to work
on it... but I have screenshots that you could use if you like (I've
been saying I'll post them for a while, but I'll really post them
tonight).
    I'd be more than happy to review the directions -- especially the
shell one because there are some caveats that you have to watch out
for.
Thanks!
-Garrett