scr2png in 720x400

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:50:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to get scr2png to create a 720x400 image from a 'vidcontrol
> -p' capture?  Different fonts, maybe?
>
> I'm trying to match screenshots made from a real system to those made from a
> VirtualBox VM.  The real system makes 640x400 PNGs, while the VirtualBox
> image captures are 720x400 with better-looking fonts.

I think you have to use a different font (the system only supplied
8x16, 8x14 and 8x8 fonts and for 720x400 you want 9x16 fonts).  If I
remember correctly, VGA would duplicate the rightmost column if the
character's code is between 0xB0 through 0xDF (this is hardcoded
knowledge about the so-called graphical characters) and for other
characters, that column is left blank.  Perhaps we need to implement
that in scr2png?

Cheers
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> https://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve! Live free or die