FreeBSD developers / committers list

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:37:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 November 2011 13:59, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> anymore.
> >>>

> >> Thanks. Merging 90 odd entries sounds pretty dull by hand, I'll have a
> >> go at scripting it and hopefully have a patch ready by later this week
> >> (!)
> >
> > Right, so I hacked together a few scripts, apparently the hardest task
> > is deciding when people joined/left; cvs annotate doesn't help for
> > removed lines, so I resorted to grepping the cvs mailing list archives
> > for first and last commits.
> >
> > Having done that... I have a patch [1]!
> >
> > I've rendered the output at [2], and run several greps and uniqs over
> > it to check I haven't made any mistakes too.
> >
> > Please would someone kindly check I haven't done anything awful before
> > giving me go-ahead? (I'm a ports guy, so I should probably have an
> > Approved tag in there...)
> >
> > The alumni with no start date have made commits in 1998, and I've
> > assumed that they may have been members beforehand; it'd be pretty
> > hard work chasing their dates down. On the plus side, we now have a
> > start date for Bruce Cran :)
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > [1]
> http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/lists/developers-list-20111103/article.html
> >
> > [2] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/contrib-developers.patch.txt
>
> Er... Bruce Mah, sorry.
>
> Also, I've reordered the list into a more logical order, as suggested
> by gjb in order of firstly leaving date, then starting date.
>
> I've also gone through the bottom of the list, and put the old
> contributors back into authors.ent because I think it looks better
> with email addresses etc :)
>
> Anyone care to comment/approve?
>
> Chris
>
> [1] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/contrib-developers-II.patch.txt
>
> [2]
> http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/lists/developers-list-20111103/article.html#CONTRIB-DEVELALUMNI

 Not very good , but wonderful .

A second step would be to add their personal web page addresses for the
available ones .

I think ,  in their web pages there is very valuable information also .

I am trying to record such addresses as much as possible , but it is
difficult to obtain them one by one .

Perhaps , with a script generated e-mail campaign , their personal web
pages may be collected easily . If they return a fixed formatted e-mail
specifying their personal web pages , their addresses may be incorporated
into that page again with a script .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk