FreeBSD developers / committers list

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:46:17 UTC 2011

On 6 November 2011 13:59, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 November 2011 15:30, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No-one has updated it. I kept it updated for a few years, but not anymore.
>>> I was hoping someone would grab it. If you want to update it, please go
>>> ahead.
>>>

>> Thanks. Merging 90 odd entries sounds pretty dull by hand, I'll have a
>> go at scripting it and hopefully have a patch ready by later this week
>> (!)
>
> Right, so I hacked together a few scripts, apparently the hardest task
> is deciding when people joined/left; cvs annotate doesn't help for
> removed lines, so I resorted to grepping the cvs mailing list archives
> for first and last commits.
>
> Having done that... I have a patch [1]!
>
> I've rendered the output at [2], and run several greps and uniqs over
> it to check I haven't made any mistakes too.
>
> Please would someone kindly check I haven't done anything awful before
> giving me go-ahead? (I'm a ports guy, so I should probably have an
> Approved tag in there...)
>
> The alumni with no start date have made commits in 1998, and I've
> assumed that they may have been members beforehand; it'd be pretty
> hard work chasing their dates down. On the plus side, we now have a
> start date for Bruce Cran :)
>
> Chris
>
> [1] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/lists/developers-list-20111103/article.html
>
> [2] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/contrib-developers.patch.txt

Er... Bruce Mah, sorry.

Also, I've reordered the list into a more logical order, as suggested
by gjb in order of firstly leaving date, then starting date.

I've also gone through the bottom of the list, and put the old
contributors back into authors.ent because I think it looks better
with email addresses etc :)

Anyone care to comment/approve?

Chris

[1] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/contrib-developers-II.patch.txt