docs/148037: bge(4) does not list all devices in if_bge.c / if_bgereg.h

bcr at FreeBSD.org bcr at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 29 11:20:18 UTC 2011

Synopsis: bge(4) does not list all devices in if_bge.c / if_bgereg.h

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: bcr
State-Changed-When: Sun May 29 11:11:28 UTC 2011
State-Changed-Why:
I've discussed the issue with the maintainer of the driver.
We agree that it would be a tedious task to list all possible
variants that are available on the market in the HARDWARE
section of the man page.
Instead, the wording has already been changed to use 'x'
as placeholders (i.e. 578x) to indicate that multiple models
exist and are supported. That way, we think we give enough
information about driver support while at the same time do
not have to be specific about each individual card.
PR closed without any changes.