docs/140369: [patch] src/contrib/pf/man/pf.4

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 23 12:34:00 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-23 13:33, bcr at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: [patch] src/contrib/pf/man/pf.4
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: bcr
> State-Changed-When: Mon May 23 11:29:31 UTC 2011
> State-Changed-Why:
> The proposed fix is included in OpenBSD's pf man page.
> It will be available in FreeBSD once we import their
> latest version that also includes that man page. Close
> this PR, knowing full well that it might take some time
> before this fix will be available in FreeBSD as well.

Hm, whats the reason to not fix simple manpage?
The API is implemented in FreeBSD and I have used DIOCKILLSTATES
for example in the snortsam ssp_pf2.c module.

The OpenBSD documentation is really good, but even the older
one does not match the FreeBSD implementation in some places.

I guess the next 7.x/ 8.x release will not include a never pf
version, so why not fix existing documentation?

Anyway thanks for looking into this

Regards,
olli