Outdated instructions in the Handbook for installing Flash?

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Thu Feb 24 22:34:58 UTC 2011

I tried following the instructions for installing Flash from
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html and found they appear to be outdated.  The firefox plugins directory for 3.6 appears to be /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins and /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins doesn't exist. Also, I had to run nspluginwrapper -v -i /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins/libflashplayer.so to install it, since -a didn't seem to look in the global plugins directory. I guess avoiding the symlink step and just using the original file would work too.

--
Bruce Cran