Logo problem?

Robert Andersson streambag at streambag.se
Tue Feb 22 19:27:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:59:05 +0100
<jvaucourt.ext at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >

> Hi
>
> > Please take a look at the version of the svg provided here:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=145917
> >
> > That one renders correctly in Inkscape at least.
> >

> Nice! Though the rendering is not exactly the same.
> I saw the problem is due to adobe proprietary features, is the use of
> these features under license? If not, a big jpeg rendered version
> could also be provided, this would satisfy those of us wanting big
> printings (for sweat-shirt, posters etc...) in the wait of a full
> free software-friendly rendering version.
>

> > Cheers!
> >
> > / Robert
> >

> Cheers
>
> Johan V.

> IMPORTANT.Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique y
> compris les fichiers attaches sont strictement confidentielles et
> peuvent etre protegees par la loi. Ce message electronique est
> destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s) ci-dessus.
> Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur ou s il ne vous est pas
> destine, veuillez immediatement le signaler  a l expediteur et
> effacer ce message et tous les fichiers eventuellement attaches.
> Toute lecture, exploitation ou transmission des informations
> contenues dans ce message est interdite. Tout message electronique
> est susceptible d alteration. A ce titre, le Groupe France Telecom
> decline toute responsabilite notamment s il a ete altere, deforme ou
> falsifie. De meme, il appartient au destinataire de s assurer de l
> absence de tout virus.
>
> IMPORTANT.This e-mail message and any attachments are strictly
> confidential and may be protected by law. This message is intended
> only for the named recipient(s) above. If you have received this
> message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please
> immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. Any
> unauthorized view, usage or disclosure ofthis message is prohibited.
> Since e-mail messages may not be reliable, France Telecom Group shall
> not be liable for any message if modified, changed or falsified.
> Additionally the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
> free.

Hi,

You're right. The SVG version relies pretty heavily on SVG filters, so
most applications will probably not be able to display it correctly. I
know that Firefox at least is missing some important features required
to display the logo.

In fact even Inkscape, which I used to modify the logo in the first
place, has a hard time displaying the logo. As a result, the logo does
not look exactly like the original.

That being said, I created a high resolution PNG with the logo as best
as Inkscape can render it.

http://streambag.se/files/FreeBSDlogo.png

Hope you find it useful.

Cheers,